PreCanSkate is our Learn-to-Skate class for the absolute beginner. Skaters will be taught the
basic skating fundamentals with a focus on continuous movement through fun activities to keep skaters interested in learning. Kidskate focuseses on standing on the ice, learning how to get up and fall down, balance, posture, skating forwards and backwards. This half-hour group lesson is taught by a Professional Coach, with assistance from our Club Program Assistants.
What Equipment Does My Child Require?
1. Comfortable, well fitted skates (these need not to be figure skates at this level)
2. A helmet is mandatory Must be a CSA approved Helmet
3. Warm but comfortable clothing (may include splash pants or snow pants)
4. Mittens or gloves (don't forget an extra pair in case they get wet)
5. A Name/Group Badge (Will be provided by the Club)
What should You do If You Have Questions?
Our Coaches are very approachable and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about your child's program. However, please refrain from approaching the coach while they are teaching as session as this disrupts the class.